About Princeton University Library
Integral to Princeton University’s mission, we enrich teaching, learning, and research by providing world-class library services and collections that are responsive to a rapidly changing scholarly environment. In collaboration with a global community of institutions with similar missions, we ensure continuing access to the world’s diverse intellectual and cultural heritage in all its forms.
Within Princeton University and across the global academic community, we aspire to be an active and creative partner by stimulating intellectual analysis, providing stewardship, and responding to evolving forms of pedagogy and research.
Our strategic priorities
- Develop and deploy programs that place Library services where users work and interact
- Acquire, steward, and provide access to outstanding information resources, taking into account evolving technologies, scholarly publishing practices, and regional, national, and international networking developments
- Actively pursue strategic collaborations that mutually benefit the Library, the University, and the broader cultural heritage community
- Transform the Princeton University Library culture into one that embodies diversity, equity, and inclusion; values and leverages differences; and holds everyone accountable for promoting this culture to patrons and staff through the Library’s collections, programs, and services
- Foster a supportive and respectful work environment that encourages and facilitates staff development; values information sharing; embraces innovation and change; and promotes continuous collaboration and improvement