During an earthquake, if you are inside:
- Stay inside.
- Watch for falling objects.
- Crawl under a table or a desk, or stand in a doorway.
- Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets,
bookcases, and electrical equipment.
If you are outside:
- Move to an open area away from buildings, trees, and power lines.
- If forced to stand near a building, watch for falling objects.
After an earthquake:
- Be prepared for aftershocks.
- Be guided by Security.
- Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious,
immediate danger (of fire, building collapse, etc.).
- Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects. Do not use elevators.
- Do not use matches or lighters due to possible broken gas lines.
- Avoid using telephones to keep the lines clear for emergency use.