Both Firestone Library and the Branch Libraries are equipped with emergency
lights that should come on in the event of a power outage.
Turn off all computer equipment.
- In Firestone Library, the security officers will notify the Systems
Office so that the servers can be shut down and brought back up properly.
- If you are in an unlighted area, proceed cautiously to an area that
has emergency lights.
The emergency lights will turn on automatically when the power goes out. There may be a short delay as the system switches over to the generator.
- Do not use the elevators.
- If the power does not return in a few minutes, try to determine how
long the outage is likely to last. Branch Libraries should check with their
maintenance shop during business hours or, if at night or on the weekend,
check with Public Safety (8-1000). In Firestone Library, check with Library
- If the power is expected to be out longer than one hour, it may be necessary to
evacuate or close the Library. Branch Libraries should notify Library Administration
(8-3215) before closing; after business hours, notify the Branch Head Librarian
before closing the Library.
- If, when the power comes back on, your computer is not working properly,
notify the Systems Office (8-5580).