The University defines sexual harassment as unwelcome sexual advances, requests
for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
submission to or rejection of such conduct is made implicitly or
explicitly a term or condition of instruction, employment, or participation
in University activity;
- submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used
as a basis for evaluation in making academic or personnel decisions affecting
- such verbal or physical conduct has the effect of unreasonably interfering
with an individual's work, academic performance, or living conditions by creating
an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.
If this behavior is observed:
Branch Libraries: notify Public Safety immediately at 911.
Firestone Library: notify Library Security immediately at 8-3221.
- If the offender is still in the building, alert all other staff
- If there is a victim of assault, allow the person to sit quietly
in a private office while waiting for Public Safety or Library Security.
- Notify Dottie Pearson at 8-3215.