According to the National Weather Service, a Tornado Watch indicates that conditions
are favorable for the formation of tornadoes. A Tornado Warning indicates that
a tornado has been sighted in the area and is a clear signal to take cover.
If a Tornado Warning is given, follow instructions from Security.
- Move away from glass walls, windows, and partitions and toward structurally
reinforced areas, such as rest rooms and interior corridors.
- Lie down along an interior wall and cover your head.
After a tornado has passed:
- Be guided by Security. If evacuation is ordered, proceed to your designated
- Do not move injured persons unless they are in obvious, immediate danger
(of fire, building collapse, etc.).
- Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects. Do not use elevators.
- Do not use matches or lighters due to possible broken gas lines.
- Avoid using telephones to keep lines clear for emergency use.