For an orientation to scanning fundamentals, and using some of the software we STRONGLY recommend that you first visit OIT's New Media Center at 87 Prospect Avenue, Room 101. You can schedule an appointment at the New Media Center by calling 8-6073. Further information can be found at http://www.princeton.edu/~newmedia/.
- Dell Optiplex GX 240 - Pentium 4 Processor 2.0GHz, 512K Cache, Integrated NIC and Sound, 1.0GB memory; 19" flat panel; 16mb video card; floppy; 48x cd-rom; 32xDVD-CDRW combo drive; zip 250
- Epson Expression 1640XL-GA scanner is attached to all workstations with a firewire connection which makes scanning much faster
- Microsoft Office software, Adobe Design Collection which includes Photoshop 7.0, Illustrator 10, InDesign 2.0, Acrobat 5.0; Macromedia Director 8.5, Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum, Dreamweaver
- School of Architecture Library (1 workstation)
- Engineering School Library (2 workstations)
- Lewis Library (4 workstations)
- Marquand Art Library (2 workstations)
- Reservations can be made for 2 hours at a time. Make your reservation by calling the circulation desk at 83256 to use the machine in the School of Architecture Library or the circulation desk at 83200 to use the machine in the Engineering School Library
- No food or drink allowed.
- Leave all trash or waste in wastebaskets.
- Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis. You must contact the hosting Library and reserve your time. If the time you want is not available, you will be offered the next available time slot. When you arrive at the Library you must check in at the circulation desk.
- Walk-in use is available, but one might not get the full 2-hour time allotment, and a person holding a reservation will bump a walk-in.
- Return seating and equipment configuration to its original set-up.