FAQ for acquisitions:
What do I do if I am trying to order a print version and we have a catalog record for an electronic version?
- Attach the order to the existing bib record.
FAQ for cataloging:
How do I catalog a document that's been purchased as a PDF and printed locally?
- Treat as a normal print publication except for the addition of the following 500 note:
500 Item distributed as PDF file for local printing, [date] |5 NjP
Use the date from the 904 field as the date for this note.
How to I catalog a printout from the web when the web version has already been cataloged?
- Add a 530 and new MFHD to the existing record.
Do I create separate records for e-versions and printed versions of documents from the web?
- No. In general we follow the single-record approach and catalog them both on the same record. In special cases a separate record may be desirable. The e-resources cataloging team will decide in these cases.
How do I distinguish between a web printout and a purchased, locally-printed item?
- Look for a note on the material specifying either purchase or web printout. If there is no note, look for the presence of a record in acquisitions--if there is an acq record, treat it as a purchased publication printed locally, if there is no acq record, treat it as a web printout.