|| DVDs (movies and data files)
- Remove all shrink wrap and adhesive seals before placing barcodes
- If necessary, cover text or pictures.
- Place the barcode on the outer plastic box, in the upper left corner of
the back, leaving room below for a date due slip. Do not cover
the ISBN (if present).
- BOXED SET TREATMENT
- Boxed sets should follow the same guidelines as booksets. Meaning each separately cased piece in a box should be barcoded individually. Do not barcode the box. This is so each piece can be circulated on its own.
- Boxed sets that are not not in separate cases going to VIDL should be treated according to the content. If each DVD is a separate movie, rehouse the DVDs in separate cases and barcode them separately. If the DVDs are episodes in a series leave them in the original case and barcode the case.
- If you are processing something which does not conform to these procedures,
please see your supervisor.