- Remove all shrink wrap and adhesive seals before placing barcode
- Place the barcode on the outer plastic box in the upper left hand corner
of the back.
- If necessary, cover text or pictures.
- If the videotape doesn't come from the publisher with a sturdy plastic
box, use a new clear plastic box. Insert the cardboard cover inside
the outer sleeve of the plastic box.
- If items in a set are to remain in a box supplied by the publisher,
place one barcode on the front left corner of the box and one barcode
of the same number on each item in the box, as indicated below.
Prebindery/Plating can supply supplemental copies of the same numbered
barcode, if needed.
- Boxed sets should follow the same guidelines as booksets. Meaning each separately cased piece in a box should be barcoded individually. Do not barcode the box. This is so each piece can be circulated on its own.
- If you are processing something which does not conform to these procedures,
please see your supervisor.