& after-- physical (doc)
Call no, searching
ReCAP general (doc)
acquisitions for ReCAP (doc)
Firestone Stack Procedures (doc)
Missing vols. when transferring to ReCAP
and booksets (doc)
Broadcast Center, Lewis Library
procedures established summer 2009
Objective: Storage of Broadcast center tape archives for the Princeton University Public Lectures Series (and similar events) at the Library’s ReCAP Shelving Facility in Plainsboro.
Note: The material in question represents archival backups for digitally available public lectures, etc. It will not be available for public access or circulation other than as determined by the Broadcast Team, who would in such cases be responsible for any handling or control measures required.
- The Broadcast Center (BC) will begin sending the archive tapes to ReCAP with local record access and item inventory control based on the BC’s FilemakerPro database currently in use for this purpose. In the future, as desirable and time permits, we may explore cataloging the lectures in question for the Library online public access catalog (OPAC)
- Standard Library barcodes will be used to label BC archive tapes stored at ReCAP for item identification to the ReCAP GFA inventory control system. The Library will supply barcode rolls at no charge to the BC. The Broadcast Team will barcode the tape container in accord with examples provided by Eileen Henthorne.
- The BC will be enter the barcode number assigned to a given lecture tape in the corresponding FilemakerPro record.
- A special Customer Code "qx" will be established at ReCAP for materials accessioned by the BC. The items will only retrievable to the Broadcast Center, 133 Lewis Library (and possibly to "qp" for preservation needs?). Material with this customer code will be shelved in the ReCAP cold storage vault.
- BC will request material by e-mailing the Technical Services ReCAP coordinator, currently Marie Wange-Connelly. Technical Services will request the material using the "Broadcast Center Public Lectures back-up copies" record (bib id 5953709). Open the bib record, add the barcode, unsuppress the record, send the request, then suppress the record again.
- Shipping of BC items to/from ReCAP for both accessions and retrievals/refiles will be handled in coordination with the regular Lewis Library ReCAP pick-up and delivery run.