Series verification procedure
Verify series when saving the bib record to the database. The system
will search the authority file in the validation process.
- Click on the sailboat, if series are present the Authority Validation
box will appear
- Look down the "Tag" column for series tags (440, 800, 810, 811, 830)
- If the validation column next to a series tags says Heading
Validated, highlight the line and click on "Retrieve auth".
- Look for a 667 field marked "PRINCETON PRACTICE".
If there is such a note, follow the treatment it describes.
- If there isn't a 667 "PRINCETON PRACTICE" field,
follow the heading and treatment on the authority record EXCEPT
if the series is a CAS.
NOTE: CAS records should NOT be followed unless there
is a 667 field marked "PRINCETON PRACTICE". If the
note is present, follow the treatment described. If the note
is not present, refer the book to a member of the Authorities
- If the validation column says Nonexistent Heading, accept the series as it appears on member copy.
Under no circumstances create a local series authority record without
consulting the Authorities Coordinator.