EDI Invoices Loaded
Form (MS Word)
EDI Orders Procedure
EDI Testing and Production Setup
EDI Invoice Loading Procedure
Archiving the source file and creating files for OnBase Scanning.
- Retrieve invoice files via FTP and save them to your local hard drive.
From there FTP them to the EDI/Incoming file on the Voyager server.This makes the file available for
loading in the Acquisitions client EDI area.
- Update the Incoming files table in TSSERVER2\OrdProf\EDI log.mdb.
- In the EDI area of the list bar, click on the Incoming tab. Click on Receive a file. Highlight the
appropriate file and click on OK.
- Scan the list of invoices to be loaded from the file. Search Voyager to be sure none of them are duplicates.
- Highlight an invoice line and click on load. Note the information in the load report (number of lines and errors)
and close the load report popup box.
- Create an entry for the invoice in the Invoices FY__ table in TSSERVER2\OrdProf\EDI log.mdb.
- Link any unlinked lines. Use the source file to determine the order the item is being sent against. Note
that any serial order must be searched to see if it is still the appropriate order for linking. Often lines do
not automatically link because there has been a title change with subsquent creation of a new order.
[EDI Invoice overview]
- Archive the source file on your hard drive. This copy should be left unchanged.
- If the source file is a block of text without line breaks, do a search and replace , using Edit - replace, replacing the apostrophe
with ^p. This puts in line breaks and makes the file much easier to read.
- Use Edit - find to identify UNH lines for individual invoice
headers within the file.Divide the file up into separate invoices (invoices run from the UNH line to a
UNT line). Save the invoice files to TSSERVER2/ Voyager procedures/OnBase files in folders indicating
the month and vendor code to be used in scanning.