Plan Processing Overview
Approval Returns Purchase Order
Using the Ordering Macro
Using the Multiline Purchase
Documentation for Plans with bulk-loaded records
Search each title using the general processing guidelines in Approval
Plan Processing Overview. It is not appropriate
to search using specific numbers such as ISBN or LC control number.
- Check the record hierarchy to see the status and location. The location should be the
default location for your approval plan, and the Order status should say "In the pre-order process". Any
other status or location information suggests that we have a copy on order or received and your copy
should not be proessed until this problem is resolved. Contact the Approvals coordinator to request
possible cancellation of a firm order.
- Use the Record menu>View
line items in Acquisitions (or Alt-r-q) to verify the purchase
order number. Check to see that the vendor on the order matches your
invoice. Write the vendor code and the purchase order number on the
- Overlay the bibliographic record and/or catalog the book if appropriate.
- Check the mfhd and change the location if the selector has indicated
some location other than the default location for the plan. It is not necessary to change the location on the purchase order
as it will retain its link to the correct mfhd.
- Add an item record , with In-process status.
- Write the appropriate fund number and purchase order number in the book
- Any book that will be going to hold or to Cataloging will need an
item piece label.
No books to be returned
- Check that the titles and prices in the Voyager approval purchase
order match the printed invoice. Be sure that you have the correct number
- You may find that if you have received multiple volumes of the same
title, which are separately listed on the print invoice, that only one
line loaded for that title. In that case, put volume information in
the line item note for all volumes received, and edit the price to reflect
the total for all volumes.
- Approve the purchase order, being careful to uncheck
Print purchase order, and check
Receive on approve.
Books to be returned and books missing from shipment
- Delete lines from the bulkloaded purchase order for the books being returned, or books missing from the
- A second purchase order must be created for any approval titles being
returned. See procedure at Returns
Purchase Orders and Missing Books Purchase orders
Write the vendor code and the Purchase Order number(s) on the invoice.
Deliver complete invoices to the designated spot in Order Division. Deliver
returns (with invoices included) to the designated spot in Order Division.
Plan Processing Overview] [Plans
with Bulk-Loading] [Plans without Bulk-Loading] [PO
Default Values] [Approval