Plan Processing Overview
Approval Returns Purchase Order
Using the Ordering Macro
Using the Multiline Purchase
Documentation for Plans without bulk-loaded records
Continue until you have created bibliographic records for all items
on the invoice, including any items to be returned (unless an exactly
matching bibliographic record already exists). Catalog books if appropriate.
Deliver books to designated shelves as per sorting procedures.
N.B. For added copies, create a new mfhd for the
existing bibliographic record, following posted procedures
- Set defaults (especially for copy/funds)
- Create new p.o. header using:
- Order type approval.
- Order location, ship to and bill to of Acqord.
- Be sure vendor code used is the appropriate approval
- Check the Account button and choose either Approval or Deposit
Account, if there is one.
- Be sure currency is correct. If possible, use USD in preference
to foreign currency.
- See Approval
Vendor Table for appropriate values.
- Add lines by using Line item>add>by bib id
(or faster: ALT/LAD.) Check the title/ISBN
after adding the line to be sure you have the correct book.
- Use the list price, not the discounted selling price,
when creating the purchase order. Invoice unit staff will check list
price and discounts, following standard unit procedures.
- On each line check to be sure that you are linked
to the correct holdings record.
The easiest way to check the holdings is to
open the Quick line item display and look at the
link to holdings field. It should have a call number in it.
If not, click on the link to holdings ellipsis
and see what location the approval copy was cataloged for. This
must be done while the order is still pending. Once the order is
approved, you must check mfhds in the Cataloging module. If necessary,
delete the prompted location/fund information and start again to
link to the correct location.
It is crucial that the approval p.o. be linked
to the correct holdings record. If it is not, it will appear in
the OPAC that there are multiple copies.
- On each line change the line item type to Approval
- Check the bottom line figure on the purchase order to make sure it
matches the bottom line on the invoice (this will not add up if there
are discounts on the invoice).
- Approve the purchase orderr, being careful to uncheck
Print purchase order, and check
Receive on approve.
Creating a Returns or Missing books purchase order
A second purchase order must be created for any approval titles being
returned. See procedure at Approval Returns
Purchase Order. For approval plans with No returns, see the procedure for processing duplicates or rejected titles.
Write the vendor code and the Purchase Order number(s) on the invoice.
Deliver complete invoices to the designated spot in Order Division. Deliver
returns (with invoices included) to the designated spot in Order Division.
[Approval Plan Processing Overview] [Plans
with Bulk-Loading] [Plans without Bulk-Loading] [PO
Default Values] [Approval