Creating Brief Records
Introduction to MARC (PDF)
LC Copy Guidelines
MARC Tagging for Voyager
Monograph Added Copy Processing
Records can be imported into Voyager either using the remote searching via the Z39.50 protocol, or using the OCLC connexion client.
Importing records with the Export button
- In the Cataloging module, on the menu bar click on Options>Preferences>General.
From the drop-down menu by the Bibliographic Import/Replace
profile, select OCLCAddConditional if you
are working on orders or creating new records for approvals.
Or, select BBIDMerge
if you are going to overlay existing records. Then click on OK.
- Start an OCLC session. When you identify a record you need, click on the Export button.
- In the Cataloging module, on the menu bar click on Record
>Import>From New file>[choose your export file from OCLC] for first import of
the session. Subsequently choose From previous file.
Select one or more records and import them.
- You now have a bibliographic screen in Voyager. Note the Imported
Remote Bib ID# in the title bar. If it is the item you
want, add a 904 using Macro Express for new records and a 902 for records
being cataloged. Then click on the Boat icon to save
the record to the database.
- At this point you may receive a message telling you the name of the
Import/Replace profile which is selected on your workstation. Unless
you wish to change the prompted profile, click on No.
Once the record is saved, the Title bar displays Bib
If you see a duplication warning box STOP and
ask your supervisor how to proceed.
[Importing Records with the Export button] [Z39.50