Funds and Object Codes
Funds in Voyager
Fund Codes for Voyager
Ledger and Fund Changes Voyager
Funds and Ledgers in Voyager
Fund-Selector List (PDF)
Closing Out Teaching Award Funds - Instructions
Funds in the 6901195 ledger (18xx series) are created with a one-time
allocaton of funds.
While they may roll over from year to year if there is a positive balance,
they do not receive a new allocation with the new fiscal year. They may
not be overspent. Therefore, when on approving an invoice you receive
an overexpenditure message, take the following steps to close out the
- Identify the subject fund that corresponds most closely to the teaching
award fund. The selector in charge of the fund in indicated in the Notes
- Change the fund on the invoice and order to the appropriate subject
fund. Do a search to identify any other pending invoices and unpaid
purchase orders linked to the teaching award and change the funds on
them as well.
- When all orders and invoices are changed, the commitments and pending
expenditures should be at zero balance. Note the remaining balance in
the fund (which should be less than the amount on the invoice in hand.
- Do a transfer from the teaching award to the subject fund to bring
the teaching award balance to zero. The note on the transfer should
indicate the fund is being closed down. Be sure the overcommit and overexpend
options are set to No (unclicked).
- Notify the selector of the purchase order numbers than have been transferred
to the subject fund in case s/he wishes to change to a different fund.
- Notify Carlos Santos that the fund has been expended. At the end of
the fiscal year run query to identify any uncataloged items on the fund
so that unneeded bookplates can be discarded.