Credit Card Invoices
Sorting and Filing
Inputting Details and
Deposit Account Invoices
Processing Approval Invoices
Processing Invoices and Vouchers
Processing Returns Letters
RWI Form (MS Word)
Searching Acquisitions for
Firm Order Invoices
Procedures for Credit Card Invoices
Part 1: Invoices/Receipts from supplier.
- Shipments paid by credit card sometimes come with an invoice or a
receipt. These must be scanned into OnBase and entered into Voyager.
- Examine the suppliers invoice/receipt for purchase order information.
Find the purchase order by PO number, bibliographic search, or vendor
name search. There should be a preexisting purchase order for the material.
If you cannot locate one, contact the supervisor.
- Check the Related Invoices tab on the order.
- If there is an invoice entered, check to be sure that each charge
has a Credit Card Usage adjustment so that the Total Invoice Amount
is zero. Mark the invoice as VISA, date it and file it in the VISA
- If there is no invoice entered, make a photocopy. Enter the invoice
following the above guidelines. Put the photocopy, marked with vendor
code and VID, in the Internal Payment/$0 rack for approval.
Mark the original copy as VISA and file it in the VISA folder.
Part 2: Credit Card Statements
Immediately upon receiving a statement, create an invoice header. Use the invoice
date plus the account holder's initials as the invoice number : for example,
011505KTF or 011505AFM.
Be sure the statement is scanned into OnBase.
Statements must be matched up against paperwork and online records.
- Match up the charges on the statement with the paperwork filed in
the VISA folder. Make sure you have an invoice or receipt for each line
of the statement.
- Enter the statement as an invoice under PNCVISA. This invoice will
actually process the charges against the funds, and so should not be
zeroed out by credit card usage adjustments.
- Attach each line by PO number with all charges and any adjustments
except shipping. Make sure the line total matches exactly.
- As you enter each line, keep a running total of the shipping
charges. The total shipping should be entered under Other
charges on the Invoice header
- As you enter each line, be aware of any orders that will need to be cancelled. These will have line item notes with instructions to notify Carol when the line is processed.
Part 3 : Approving Credit Card invoices
- Check the statement to be sure entries look valid and that the totlas are correct.
- In the invoice Footer, enter CreditCard in the Check number field; in the Expenditure date enter today's date.
- Approve the invoice and print the voucher.
- Enter the VID into OnBase
- Return the statement, documentation and the voucher tot he staff member who entered the statement for filing.