Credit Card Invoices
Sorting and Filing
Inputting Details and
Deposit Account Invoices
Processing Approval Invoices
Processing Invoices and Vouchers
Processing Returns Letters
RWI Form (MS Word)
Searching Acquisitions for
Firm Order Invoices
Processing Deposit Account Invoices
I. Basic procedure
- The initial deposit is made by linking an order for the appropriate
vendor to bib record 3249617 (title Deposit Account Payment). The order
should be approved but not received so that it can be used for future
payments as well. Check for the order linked to the vendor for the invoice
or deposit request in hand.
- If you have an invoice in hand, process normally by creating the invoice
from the purchase order and making necessary changes. If you are creating
the invoice as a result of a vendor e-mail requesting a deposit, use
the date of the e-mail for the invoice date.
- If you do not have an invoice, create the invoice using an invoice
number "Deposit#" where # is a sequential number for that
particular vendor (for example : invoice number Deposit1.)
- Process invoice normally for payment
II. Processing Invoices sent against deposit accounts
Invoices that include items sent against purchase orders must receive
special handling to ensure that money is charged to the correct fund on
the purchase orders. Some invoices are combinations of approval items
for one fund and purchase orders charged against other funds.
- Create approval purchase order, if necessary, using the fund that
made the initial deposit.
- Create an invoice by whatever means seems most efficient, given the
combination of purchase orders and approval items. Be sure to choose
the account "Deposit account" in the header.
- All lines on the invoice should be charged to the appropriate subject
fund for the title, regardless of the fund that paid the initial deposit.
Any lines sent against purchase order should use the fund to which the
purchase order is linked.
- For each line on the invoice, add any necessary adjustments for discounts.
- Add shipping to the header, if necessary, using the normal shipping
fund. Add "Deposit account usage" credit to the header , equal
to the total amount of the invoice, crediting the fund that paid the
- To finish, be sure that the invoice amount and total cost are both
0. Put in the zero dollar rack for approval.
C. Supervisors or designated personnel only:
Supervisor verifies invoice information and approves these invoices in
a separate batch. They will be printed but not sent for payment.
D. Processing deposit account returns or deductions
Credit lines as necessary to create $0 lines. For returns, follow normal
returns procedures. The deposit account payment adjustment in the header
should reflect the deduction (that is , for a $100 invoice with a $25
deduction, the deposit account payment adjustment should be $75)