Credit Card Invoices
Sorting and Filing
Inputting Details and
Deposit Account Invoices
Processing Approval Invoices
Processing Invoices and Vouchers
Processing Returns Letters
RWI Form (MS Word)
Searching Acquisitions for
Firm Order Invoices
Unpaid Invoice File : Filing Rules
Check to see that the invoice has been scanned; if not, do so. Also check Voyager to see
if the material has been received; if so, process the invoice rather than filing.
- Invoices from one vendor should be filed together.
- Invoices are alphabetized by the first letter of the first word of
the company name, ie: Otto Harrassowitz
files under Otto not Harrassowitz.
- Personal names are filed under the first letter of the last name.
A personal name used as a company name is treated as a company name.
- Ignore beginning initials. ie: E.J. Brill
is filed under Brill NOT E.
- Invoices from a vendor should be in numerical order from lowest to
- Individual letter files (yellow labels) should go at the beginning
of the string of letters. IE: A goes before Abbot.
- Within the individual letter files, invoices should be filed alphabetically
and then numerically within their own category.
- If some invoices have letters as well as numbers they should be filed
numerically and alphabetically ie: 101a
goes before 101b. Also, letters go after numbers, ie:
987 goes before A11.