Credit Card Invoices
Sorting and Filing
Inputting Details and
Deposit Account Invoices
Processing Approval Invoices
Processing Invoices and Vouchers
Processing Returns Letters
RWI Form (MS Word)
Searching Acquisitions for
Firm Order Invoices
Invoice payments that require special handling include some that can be coded into our normal voucher run, and others that require a special handling forms:
Invoices coded for voucher run
- Code the following as C1 in the check number field, and put in the invoice level note the special handling required. Blue flag the invoice to alert supervisor that it is a special case. After the invoice is approved it is given to Leyla for her to track checks received.
- Checks that need to be sent to an address other than the payment address on the vendor record
- Prepayments that need to include the order or other documentation
- Any payment that needs to have documentation included with the check
- Payments that need to be sent via FedEx, Registered mail, etc.
Invoices requiring special handling
These cases require a special handling form:
- Invoices that need to be paid in a foreign currency with a bank draft
- Invoices that need to be paid via wire transfer
- Invoices that need to be paid by certified check or money order
Staff instructions for inputting invoices : Input invoice as usual . Blue flag the invoice and put into payment rack (this is in addition to any
yellow tag for foreign currency or red tag for rush.)
Fill out the payment request form (see Invoice documentation, Wire transfer forms for samples).Note that if you have multiple invoices for one vendor a separate form must be filled out for each invoice.
Unit head instructions
Make certain there is a copy of the invoice scanned into OnBase.
If not, make a photocopy of all the necessary documentation and put it in the scanning basket.
This is especially important with prepays.
Staff instructions for delivery and tracking of Walkdowns
Invoices are walked down to Accounts Payable within 1-2 days . A list on the folder shows which staff
are responsible for delivery.
- Mark the Check Number field in the Footer with WD for Walk Down
- Put the processing date in the Date field of the Footer using the drop-down calendar.
- Put an appropriate note in the Invoice level note field:
- Walking down for check yyyy-mm-dd
- Walking down for Wire Transfer yyyy-mm-dd
- Walking down for Bank Transfer yyyy-mm-dd
- If the invoice is in USD, approve it and print a voucher.
If the invoice is in foreign currency, it is not approved at this point.
Save and close it. It will be approved after it is paid by Accounts Payable and the exchange rate is verified.
- The finished form must be scanned into OnBase and appended to the invoice it is for.After scanning, clip the finished form to all the other documentation and put in in the Walk Down folder at the end of the
invoice payment rack.
- Note that walkdowns for check requests must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice or invoices when delivered to Accounts payable.