Combinations and Packages
Creating List Orders
Checking in Order
Firestone Reserve Rush Ordering
Multiple Line Purchase Orders
Ordering Soup to Nuts
Placing Orders for Different Formats
Remarks on Converted Orders in Voyager
Using the Ordering
Using the Multiline Purchase Order Macro
Distributed Ordering - Rare Books locations
Rare Books staff :
- Import records into Voyager from RLIN or OCLC and save to a work file.
(Use the RLIN Pass, RLIN21 export or Z39.50 connection from the cataloging
module to do the import).
- Copy the file to the EX orders folder on TSSERVER2. The file
name should include some way of identifying the vendor.
- Write the file name on the paperwork for the titles in the work file
and deliver it to the appropriate site in Order Division.
Order Division staff :
- Using Windows Explorer or Network Neighborhood, copy
the work file from the EX orders folder. Save it to your hard drive
in the c:\Voyager\work folder. This will allow you to go back and check
the original bibliographic records on TSSERVER2 if necessary.
- Be sure that your duplicate detection profile is set to RLIN
Add Conditional. Using the open work file icon (yellow file
folder), open the file. You may wish to scan a few records to aid
you in setting defaults in Acquisitions (vendor, currency, etc).
- For any brief records, check the tagging and indicators and make
any necessary corrections. Especially check the 245 field indicators.
- For each record in the file, save the record to the database.
Check paperwork for acquisitions information (vendor, currency,
item number, price, etc.). Also check the 300 field to see if this
is a multi-part item that would require a multi-part order or standing
order with appropriate vendor instructions.
- Voyager Acquisitions
- Set defaults as needed. .
- Search the vendor file to determine the appropriate vendor code.
Vendor information is frequently part of the work file name.
- Create the order, being sure to include any item numbers or special
instructions regarding reservations or payment in the Instructions
- Annotate paperwork with the order number and deliver to the Approved
order trays (to be delivered to Rare Books after the orders print).
- When all the orders are placed, delete the file copy on TSSERVER2.