Creating List Orders
Firestone Reserve Rush Ordering
Multiple Line Purchase Orders
Ordering Soup to Nuts
Placing Orders for Different
Remarks on Converted Orders
the Ordering Macro
Using the Multiline Purchase
Distributed Ordering -MUS scores
Files for scores to be ordered can be found in the Music folder
- Using Windows Explorer or Network Neighborhood, copy
the work file from the Music folder. Save it to your hard drive
in the c:\Voyager\work folder. Since you have no paper copy of the order
request, this will allow you to go back and check the original bibliographic
records on TSSERVER2 should you inadvertently deleted any necessary
- Voyager Cataloging
- Be sure that your duplicate detection profile is set to RLIN
Add Conditional. Using the open work file icon (yellow file
folder), open the file. You may wish to scan a few records to aid
you in setting defaults in Acquisitions (vendor, currency, etc).
- For any brief records, check the tagging and indicators and make
any necessary corrections. Especially check the 245 field indicators.
- For earch record in the file, save the record to the database.
Check 500 field(s) for acquisitions information (vendor, currency,
item number, price, etc.). Also check the 300 field to see if this
is a multi-part item that would require a multi-part order or standing
order with appropriate vendor instructions.
Note that RLIN Add Conditional may not work with composers
such as Bach, Beethoven, and Handel because the system identifies
too many possible duplicates. In that case, change your duplicate
detection profile to None (blank), search the title carefully
, and save the record. Be sure to reset the duplicate detection
profile to RLIN Add Conditional for the next record.
- Voyager Acquisitions
- Set defaults as needed. Use the 1239sco fund code (score1239 fund
- Search the vendor file to determine the appropriate vendor code.
Vendor information is in the 500 field of the bibliographic record
and also is frequently part of the work file name.
- Create the order, being sure to include any item numbers in the
Instructions to Vendor. If multiple pieces are being ordered
be sure that information is in the Instructions to Vendor.
- When the order is finished, return to the bibliographic record
and remove the 500 field with the acquisitions information in it.
- Make a screen shot of each order or a list of order numbers to
put in the Approved order trays.
- When the file is finished, delete the file copy on TSSERVER2 and notify
Zsofia in MUS that the orders have been placed. Questions about specific
orders may be addressed to Paula Matthews (selector) or Zsofia Surjan(inputter
of the bib records) as appropriate.