Creating List Orders
Firestone Reserve Rush Ordering
Multiple Line Purchase Orders
Ordering Soup to Nuts
Placing Orders for Different
Remarks on Converted Orders
the Ordering Macro
Using the Multiline Purchase
Distributed Ordering - SG Monographs
Find orders by searching for orders with Vendor Name "SG
Monograph orders" or Vendor Code SGORDERS.
- Review the bibliographic record. Requested titles have been searched
before they are added to Voyager. However, as bibliographic specialists,
use your judgment ; if you see an edition statement or series that you
think requires re-searching, please do so. Also check the 300 field
to determine if the title is a bookset.
- Check the Notes tab on the purchase order (Not the line
item note). You will find source information here, for example "YBP
slip", "Publ list", "web site", etc.
- If the source is a vendor slip, we will place the order with that
- If the source is a not a vendor slip, and the publisher is a commercial
publisher or university press, use YBP/EYBP for US orders and BHBL/EBHB
for UK orders.
- For non-commercial/UP publishers, or for items published outside
the US/UK. consult with your supervisor about an appropriate vendor.
You will also find information in the note field such as "this
ed.,", "vol.1-2", etc. Use this information to create
appropriate vendor or internal notes.
Example: if the note says "this ed.," check Voyager
for other editions and compose an appropriate internal note
such as "ed of bib 3258323, University of California Press, 1998,
Example: if the title is a 2 vol. set, be sure to choose a
print vendor code (not an EDI code) and compose an appropriate Instructions
to vendor to print on the order.
- Update the vendor code as appropriate and print the order or send
via EDI. Make appropriate printouts to put in the usual trays. For example,
to find orders that you approved today, you can search for
- Questions about specific orders may be addressed to Patty Gaspari
Bridges (selector) or Sylvia Swain (inputter of the orders) as appropriate.