Vendor Reports for Monographs
Information for reports
Firm Order Review
Reports for Serials
Cancellations and Redirecting - Policy
Firm orders : If the original vendor is not able to supply an order,
cancel the order and copy it to place a new order with a new vendor. Do
not update the vendor on the original to send the order to a new vendor.
Exception : If Blackwells Book Services notifies us that an order to EBNA
or BNA will be supplied by BHBL or vice versa, it is acceptable to put
a note in the order and update the vendor, since they are the same company.
- Cancel the original order. Include a line item note explaining the
reason for the cancellation
- Copy the original order.
- Update the vendor code on the new order and put in a line item note
- Be sure all fields match current standards and current fund.
The vendor may be changed on continuations orders. This allows the receipt
history to be retained when a title is sold to a new publisher, a subcription
agent account changes hands, etc.
- Be sure to include in the line item note information about the volume
or time period covered by the change of vendor, for example, "Redirected
to Harr for vol.10 and following" , "redirected to Ebsco for
2003 & following", etc.
- When issuing claims check this information carefully to determine
who the claim should be sent to. When necessary, claims may be sent
to the original vendor by changing the vendor code on the claim itself.