Ask Acq Sessions
Blackwell's Collection Manager
for Collection Development Home
Especially for Collection Development
Frequently Asked Questions for Acquisitions
All of these instructions will work with
the view only logon. Be sure that you are logged on to Cataloging module
and Acquisitions module with the same logon.
and funds    Serials    Miscellaneous
1. Has a specific monograph order been received?
- In the Cataloging module, search for your monograph or serial using
- Click on the Hierarchy button on the toolbar. A call number in the
holdings record indicates that the title has been received and catatoged.
Otherwise there will be an order/receipt status.
- Alternatively, in the Cataloging module, search for your monograph
or serial using bibliographic information. On the menu bar, click
on Record, then View Line Items in Acquisition (or use the keyboard
shortcut Alt/r/q). This will bring up the Line Item Record, indicating
the number of copies ordered, received, and invoiced. This method
must be used for single orders for back issues of a cataloged serial.
2. Has a given issue of a standing order or subscription
- The best place to find this information is in the OPAC, because
you can easily view both bound holdings and unbound issues recently
2. When was a given issue of a standing order or subscription
- On the List Bar on the left of the Acquisitions screen, select Check-In,
then select Serials History.
- Search for the Check-in title, which is normally the title in the
245 on the bibliographic record.
- Select the appropritate title from the list, if necessary, and click
on the Select button to display the Serials History
- Details window.
- Select the Receipt History tab to see the Receive Date of
all received issues.