Serial reports are posted using the expected issues list so that the information is readily available to both staff and patrons. If this is a new order with no receipts, you will have to add a component to the order before posting the report or claim response. If the publication pattern is not clear and you must guess at the correct pattern to attach, use a Pop Up note to warn the next person to use the record to check the pattern.
To post reports to a particular issue or issues:
1. Call up the appropriate record in Serials Check-in 2. Select the item from the pattern queue
- Click on the Change issue button
- Post the note
- Sample : v.14 NYP due Dec.2002 10/02 haf
- Sample : v.10, no.2 (2001) out of print per publ. 10/02 haf
3. Determine whether the issue should be removed from the expected issues list. (issue is out of print, will not be published, etc). If so, do a dummy or psuedo-receipt:
- Check in the issue
- Click on the History button
- Select the issue, change Display in OPAC to No (it is confusing to staff and patrons alike to display a pseudo-receipt in the OPAC)
- Return to the check-in record and fix the prediction date for the issue or the pattern as a whole.
To post a general report about the status of the title