to Cat Record
First Piece Check
MCS Check In
Check In Tips
Series Checks in Voyager
Vendor Reports for Serials
Attaching a Component/Pattern
Review bibliographic and holdings information
In the OPAC, do a journal title search and bring up the corresponding
record; check the "LIBRARY HAS" and " LIBRARY HAS NEW"
fields to see what issues we have, if any, and to make sure that there
are no gaps between the last unbound issue received and the issue in hand.
It is always a good idea to check to make sure that the LIBRARY HAS field
(i.e. bound volumes) and the LIBRARY HAS NEW field (unbound issues) dont
overlap. Hint: this is a good place to make a mental or actual note of
the frequency and publication pattern so you can set up the component/pattern.
Add the component
- In Acquisitions bring up the purchase order, preferably using bibliographic
information / Journal title or Titles bib search.
- Check over the purchase order, including fund, location , etc.
- Bring up the Details Display (Quick line items OFF) and be sure to
check the Line Item Notes for special instructions.
- Also in the Details Tab display; click on the Type Tab; then click
on the Subscription Pattern button, which will take you to the component/pattern.
- To attach a new component/pattern, click on NEW, then SAVE. The Component
Tab will now be highlighted yellow.
- Select a pattern: click on the Predictive Component Pattern Tab (which
will still be greyed out because there is no pattern attached yet),
and click in the box with the drop-down menu; find the appropriate pattern;
once youve found the appropriate pattern click on it, then click
on Start Prediction button.
- Fill in the next screen in order to set up the pattern based on the
issue in hand. You must also account for gaps in receipts (if you get
stuck here, please come and ask for help IMMEDIATELY).
This screen varies based on the pattern you have chosen in the previous
screen and takes lots of trial and error to make the pattern work.
- Once you have attached the pattern review it to make sure its
what you wanted: if not, youll have to delete the component and