to Cat Record
First Piece Check
MCS Check In
Check In Tips
Series Checks in Voyager
Vendor Reports for Serials
Serial Cancellations in Voyager
Records with components added cannot be cancelled in Voyager. Therefore
we need to make this information as obvious and unambiguous as possible
no matter who is looking for this information.
Canceling with the vendor:
At the point of sending the cancellation to the vendor(s):
- In Cataloging, create a new 866 note which says "Subscription
cancelled with the last issue of 2000" or "Standing order
cancelled after vol.___" as appropriate, but leave in the "CURRENT
ISSUES IN: ( )" note if were still checking in.
- In Acquisitions, in the purchase order "line item note"
: "Cancelled with the last issue of 2000, via letter, e-mail etc."
or "Standing order cancelled after vol.___" as appropriate,
date and initials: for example, "CANCELLED END OF 2000 VIA E-MAIL
- In Acquisitions, if the title has a component and pattern, put in
a pop-up note "Cancelled end of 2000, give last issue to supervisor
to close" date and initials.
Last issues received:
- Make sure final issues are checked in and the pattern closed. Standing
orders are generally cancelled effective immediately and the pattern
- Fill out the blue serials form which travels with the final issue(s)
to the location OR enclose an OPAC printout with the relevant title,
copy, and cancellation information highlighted.
- Remove the 866 "CURRENT ISSUES IN: ( )" note when the final
unit for adding/binding is sent to the staff in CAT IV.
- At a point in the future (to be determined) the purchase order will
be marked as complete. However this cannot be done unless we are positive
that there are no invoices pending. This is more straightforward with
periodicals than with continuations ; periodical records can generally
be marked complete when the last piece is checked in.