to Cat Record
First Piece Check
MCS Check In
Check In Tips
Series Checks in Voyager
Vendor Reports for Serials
Serial Claiming in Voyager
In the Voyager Acquisitions system, serials have a component and publication
pattern, which accounts for each individual issue of a publication. Because
each individual issue has its own expected date, it is extremely important
to be accurate in doing the housekeeping for each issue in the pattern.
We must account for everything in the pattern, otherwise the Problem List
of missed issues becomes unusable for problem-solving and claiming.
Claims can be initiated by the operator when checking in an issue, or
by the system itself as a result of skipped or late issues. As with many
functions in Voyager, there are several different ways to approach claiming:
please follow these steps and keep in mind that in order to claim a missing
issue, it MUST be "Marked" on the Problem List-either by the
system or by the person doing the claim.
Claiming system-marked missing issues during check-in
- In Serials Check-in, search for the title and bring up the
- Click on the correct issue from the pattern to match the issue in
your hand; check it in. Any missed issues in the pattern will
then be "Marked" by the system as skipped and put on the Problem
- Click on the History button below the pattern (do not use the
Serials History Icon on the far left Task Bar Menu or you will have
to repeat your search ).
- The History and Problem History tabs should be yellow,
indicating that there is information in that field for review. View
the marked issues by clicking on the Problem History tab. Note that
the buttons are greyed out until you click on and highlight a specific
issue. Click on the issue to be claimed: the buttons to Unmark the issue
or Generate Claim are now active.
- Click on the Generate Claim button: a small claim window will pop
up with the following fields
- vendor code/vendor name: system generated
- claim date: this should be today's date, generated by the
- claim type: select correct type from the drop-down menu
- comment field: free-text note field ; keep it short and
to the point.
Leave comments off EDI claims unless
a note is absolutely necessary. The presence of comments
prevents EDI claims from loading automatically for the vendor.
- Send claim via box : choose EDI or print as appropriate.
Claims can only be sent via EDI for vendors with attached EDI profiles.
Consult supervisor if necessary. For a "dummy" claim,
, i.e. "vol. 16, no.2 claimed via e-mail 10-18-01 haf",
be sure both boxes are unchecked
- Check the claim to be sure the information is correct and click
- Fix the prediction for the claimed
Standard claim note samples
Repeated claims and multiple issue
Marking issues for claiming