Approvals Soup to Nuts Training
Intro to Acq
to Acq Production Staff Handout
and Record Creation Handout
Series Checks in
Series Checks in
Acq for Selectors(WPD)
Mono series Handouts
Periodical Check in on Voyager
- In Acquisitions Module:
- click on the Search Orders icon
- search by Bibliographic info
- click on the ellipsis to get the search box
- select Journal Title from the drop down list
- type in your title in the "Search For" box and click on
Do Search button
- select the correct record, click on OK
- once the title has been put in the "Search" box, click on
Find to get the purchase order
- select the p.o. from the results, click on the Edit button or double
click on the highlighted line to bring up the p.o.
- check over the po, make sure it looks ok; look over the Details Display
(Quick line items OFF) be sure to check the Line Item Notes for
- stay in the Details Tab display; click on the Type Tab; then click
on the Subscription Pattern button, which will take you to the component/pattern.
- if you do not see a component already attached, you need to attach
one (if there is one already in place, STOP!, donít add another one,
click on the Serials Check-In icon to get out of it). To attach a new
component/pattern, click on NEW, then SAVE. The Component Tab will now
be highlighted yellow.
- you now need to select a pattern: click on the Predictive Component
Pattern Tab (which will still be greyed out because there is no pattern
attached yet), and click in the box with the drop-down menu; find the
appropriate pattern (you can search the list quickly by typing in the
first letter of the word, i.e. M for monthly); once youíve found the
appropriate pattern click on it, then click on Start Prediction button.
If you do NOT find the appropriate pattern to describe the title in
hand, please put it aside with a post it note (record ID and frequency)
we will need to generate a new pattern to use for it.
- you must fill in the next screen in order to set up the pattern based
on the issue in hand or the last issue(s) received in Notis after June
3rd , 2000; also account for gaps in receipts (if you get
stuck here, please come and ask for help IMMEDIATELY!!
This part can be very confusing!!!). This screen varies based
on the pattern you have chosen in the previous screen and takes lots
of trial and error to make the pattern work.
- once you have attached the pattern, please go back and look at it
to make sure itís what you wanted: if not, youíll have to delete the
component and begin again (and itís better to do it here than once youíve
started to check in issues: all issues checked in are deleted once you
delete the component). You are now done at the purchase order.
in Voyager Training] [Acquisitions Module ] [Periodical