Approvals Soup to Nuts Training
Intro to Acq
to Acq Production Staff Handout
and Record Creation Handout
Series Checks in
Series Checks in
Acq for Selectors(WPD)
Mono series Handouts
Periodical Check in on Voyager
Periodical Check In (Task B):
- First you need to check to see if the title in hand already has a
Click on the Serials Check in icon (Kardex card icon); type in
the title and click on the "Check in" button. If your
title is not in the browse list or does not come up, it probably
does not have a component/pattern. You can also check for a component/pattern
from the purchase order: find the title; from the Line Item Menu
on the top Task Bar, select Display and Component. If there is already
a component/pattern attached, a plus sign "+" will appear
to the far left of the line item in the purchase order.
- Check in the issue(s):
- Select the correct title from the Browse list by clicking on it; this
will bring up the check-in record for that particular copy of that particular
- Review the pattern queue to make sure that the piece in hand is in
the queue and matches the pattern.
- Click on the correct issue from the queue to highlight it for check
- Click on the Accept button to check in the piece; this will bring
up another window with a "tree structure" display; click in
the box at the Copy level which will fill the upper 2 boxes of the tree
structure; then click on the Receive button, which activates the "Continue"
button; click on that to finish the receipt.
- The next window which appears is where you fix the prediction for
the next expected issue if the prediction is off. Then click on the
Continue button, which puts you back at the original check in screen.
- Check your work: click on the History button to look at the summary
of receipt transactions, make sure everything looks good and is correct.
- To find "Current Issues In" information, click on the Holdings
button in the upper right hand corner of the History screen; click on
the MARC button from the Link to Holdings window; this will bring up
the MFHD in cataloging for this particular copy where current issues
information is displayed. You can also find this information by checking
your work in the OPAC display, do a journal title search and look at
the correct record.
- Mark the issue with the correct current issue location in the upper
right hand cornr; stamp, count and sort as usual.
- To start over with a new search, click on the Serials Check In icon
to return to the main screen; click on the Start Over button and begin
a new search.
in Voyager Training] [Acquisitions
Module ] [Periodical check-in] [Tips