SOFTWARE AND DESKTOP POLICIES IN TECHNICAL SERVICES
T.S.D. WORKSTATIONS COMMITTEE
- Do not change the program groups in Program Manager that come when the computer is first installed in the unit.
- When you are creating new program groups, COPY existing icons. Do not move icons.
- Do not change software paths. For example, do not move WPWIN61 (WordPerfect) out of the subdirectory called WINAPPS into something else.
- Never delete any files appended to the end of the root directory.
- Do not change in any way AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files.
- Check with Janet before installing any of your own software (including shareware). She may want the software to go into certain subdirectories.
- Officially sanctioned software will be installed and deinstalled by Sheri, under the direction of Janet.
- When transferring data files from different computers (whether between machines in the library or a personal one at home), make sure you know that your floppy disks are virus free.
- Do not allow unauthorized persons to use your computer. Students who are employed in Technical Services will be directed to work on specific machines.
- Do not make ANY changes to software configurations on shared workstations. For example: in TCP3720 no changes should be made to any of the options listed under Options--Session Profile, with the exception of the toolbar.
- Do not override any customized keys unless you know for certain that those keys are no longer needed by the person who originally created them.
Last updated April 1996