The all search returns the top results to a general keyword query from the following library resources:
- Catalog is a new interface for finding all the Library's locally cataloged content, including books, journals, CDs & DVDs, maps, manuscripts, electronic resources, and more. Soon, it will include additional local content, like Special Collections finding aids, Princeton senior theses, and locally digitized materials.
- Articles+ is a large search engine that identifies journal and newspaper articles (many in full-text), dissertations, book reviews, audio recordings, images, government documents, conference proceedings and much more. Results in the All Search are initially limited to just scholarly journal articles, but you can expand your search by selecting options under 'Refine your search' in the left-hand column. Articles+ Introductory Video.
- Special Collection Finding Aids. This search covers archival descriptions of our unique holdings at the Princeton University Libraries, which include manuscripts, archival collections, images, ephemera, and much more one-of-a-kind material.
- The Princeton University Digital Library. The Princeton University Digital Library (PUDL) is a collection of high-resolution digital images of selected materials from Princeton University Library. The materials have been chosen to serve the research and teaching needs of the Princeton University community and to showcase the distinctive collections of the Princeton University Library.
- The titles, descriptions, and subjects assigned to the items included in our Library website research database listings.
- Princeton University Library Guides. This search covers our Library Guide content as indexed within Articles+. There is an approximately two week indexing lag between when a new guide is created and when it will appear in Articles+ search results. The WSG is currently working with the vendor of Articles+ to ensure all public guides are being indexed correctly.
- General web content stored on the new main library website. This includes the basic informational pages on the site, library news & event items, and frequently asked questions. Web content from library departmental, exhibition, and blog websites is not currently included in this search, but will be in the near future. If there is a library site that you'd like to see included as this feature expands let a member of the library website steering group know.
- The names, departments, and titles of our staff as represented in the library staff directory.
- The titles, and keywords assigned to the entries included in our current libraries and collections list.
- The spelling auto-corrections that also appear when appropriate are provided by Articles+ as well. For an example of this feature see this mistyped search.