Lewis Library Group Study Rooms
Lewis Science Library
Open 8:30 am to 9:00 pm
Carrels are available for anyone to use. There are 29 carrels on Lewis 3rd and 4th, and A-Floors, and 15 carrels in the Fine Hall Wing.
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms in Lewis Library are dedicated to collaborative work rather than individual study. Students and/or faculty working in groups of two or more may use these rooms. There are a total of 9 group study rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor of the Lewis Library. They are available on a first come, first served basis; however they may also be reserved for up to 3 hours.
The rooms have blackboards, as well as data and power outlets.
Lewis rooms 304, 305 and 406 are larger rooms seating 8. These rooms have wall-mounted display monitors. You must supply your own VGA cord to connect to the monitor. The other group study rooms in Lewis seat 4.
Please submit reservations using the Group Study Room Reservation Form. Be sure to include the date, time, room number, and the number of people in your group.
Group Study Room Policies
- Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance, and must be received by 8:00am on Fridays for weekend reservations, as our staff is not present on the weekends
- Group study rooms with seating for 4 are reserved for groups of 2 or more; rooms with seating for 8 are reserved for groups of 4 or more.
- One group may book a specific time slot for the semester.
- Previous reservations will supersede casual use of a room.
- Time slots may also be booked for reading periods and exams.
- A room reservation calendar is posted at the door
- Personal materials and library books may NOT be left unattended in group study rooms for extended periods of time to “hold the room.”
- Unattended items will be removed to the Lewis Information Desk; books will be reshelved.
- Group study rooms are public spaces. Please keep them clean and organized.
- Food is NOT permitted anywhere in Lewis or Fine Hall Wing. Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted.
- Please clear papers and other trash away at the end of each use and replace chairs at the table.
- Please be considerate of maintenance staff who dust and vacuum on a regular basis.
Comments and questions regarding this policy may be directed to the Lewis staff at email@example.com.