Faculty Reserves FAQ for Mendel Music Library
Mendel Music Library
Closed (All day)
Reserve FAQ for Faculty - Mendel Music Library
For print or electronic reserves at Mendel libraries, please contact and send syllabi and/or reading lists to email@example.com directly. Mendel will process all requests into Online Reserve Request Service (ORRS).
It is recommended that media needed for teaching in the classroom be digitized and streamed, as DVD, VHS, and CD players in the seminar-sized classrooms are starting to fail and are not being replaced. Seminar-sized classrooms are being designed as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) -- with a data projector or flat panel, audio speakers, and laptop connections only. Your laptop will be the media player for the room, displaying video, audio, and computer content.
- AUDIO RESERVES - Audio-On-Demand: Assigned audio (CD, LP vinyl, DAT and cassette) materials that will be accessed through your Blackboard course page should be brought to the Mendel Music Library, currently located in the Woolworth Center of Musical Studies (Dan Gallagher firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-258-8982). The reserve materials are made available only to the participants of the course and only for the duration of the course.
- VIDEO RESERVES - Video-On-Demand: Assigned video (DVD, VHS, Laser Disc) materials that will be accessed through your Blackboard course page should be brought to the Video Library Service currently located in Firestone Library, B-FLoor (Barbara McLaughlin, email@example.com, 609-258-0739). The reserve materials are made available only to the participants of the course and only for the duration of the course
- IMAGES AND SLIDES - ETC’s Almagest is a media management, presentation, and authoring tool, which serves as an online repository for digital media, including images, video, audio, animations, and text files, as well as files created in applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Using the features of Almagest, digital media can be stored, cataloged, annotated, and retrieved over the Web--from anywhere, at anytime, and by faculty, staff, and students, alike. Contact: Almagest 609-258-6903 firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I use my own personal copies?
The Library’s preference is to own a copy of the material to be placed on reserve. We will make every effort possible to purchase the material. Personal copies can be used for the interim.
Can I add my own readings and listening assignments to Blackboard without using the Library?
Yes. It would be advisable to review the use of copyrighted materials, especially with music performances. Please refer to the University Blackboard website:http://www.princeton.edu/bb/
and the campus resources listed above.
Other campus resources:
Academic/Research material (DVD, VHS, CD, audio cassette, reel-to-reel and LPs) may be digitized to DVD, MP4 and MP3 files by:
- The New Media Center at Lewis Library - www.princeton.edu/nmc - 609-258-6073
- Media Services at 87 Prospect - www.princeton.edu/mediaservices - 609-258-3196
For Copyright information please visit: www.princeton.edu/copyright