You are here
The New PUL Website is Launched!
On July 10th, the Library launches its long-anticipated redesigned website. Based on the hard work of the in-house design team, library web committees, a number of useability studies, and critical feedback from website visitors, the new site offers:
- A comprehensive ALL Search which streamlines keyword searching across PUL web content and automatically categorizes results on a single page
- Audience-specific portals designed to pull together information for Faculty and Staff, Students, Alumni, and Visitors
- A prominent section for branch and Firestone hours as well as an enhanced Hours Page complete with branch calendars
- A Databases search engine in the central Search box, which includes Course/Subject Research Guides in search results, as well as a redesigned Database Page
- A standard suite of patron help options from a number of prominent areas within the site, most notably the new Help Page
- A fully redesigned Library Staff Directory and Library Staff page
The result of these enhancements is improved navigation and searching, the ability to promote and align the library website with emerging technologies and social media, and the capability of publishing new kinds of content. However, work remains to tweak the pages, correct errors, and add missing content; thus, your feedback is more important than ever. Please continue to share your comments and concerns through the Feedback Form located in the top yellow bar. As for the old page, you will be able to access it through August 15th.