The Scholarly Communications Office (SCO) works with the Princeton University community throughout the life cycle of the research and publishing process in the following areas:
- Preservation & Sharing. Share and preserve scholarship produced by Princeton faculty, researchers and graduate students in digital form.
- Copyright & Publishing Advice. Advise faculty and researchers regarding copyright and publishing, especially related to open access.
- Data Management. Assist faculty and researchers with creating data management plans, identifying appropriate repositories for data, and depositing data at Princeton University.
- Advocacy. Provides campus-wide advocacy for open access to scholarship.
- Education & Outreach. Educate the campus community on the changing landscape of scholarly communications, including new publishing models, open access, and innovative scholarly communications platforms.
- Policy Watch. Monitors local and national policies related to copyright, open access and scholarly publishing and informs the University community, engaging with its scholars.