If using a wired laptop, it must be registered on the Princeton network and be a member of either Princeton or Libstaff domain. For wireless connections, only Princeton domain membership is possible at this point.
Note: The following instructions are for Library-managed printers only. To print to the OIT-managed Xerox Phaser 4510 cluster printer in Firestone Library B-4-K, users should follow the directions at http://helpdesk.princeton.edu/kb/display.plx?ID=8329
- Go to Start, Run. Type \\firedom, and click OK.
- You may be asked to enter your name and password. If you are logged on to Princeton domain or locally to your laptop, be sure to put in Princeton\your username, instead of just your username. Use the password you log into a Princeton PC with. You will see a list of print queues.
- Double click "WalkinHP."
- WINDOWS 7 (32 and 64 bit users) - double click "HPUNIVER" queue instead. PLEASE READ Note 3 BELOW!
- Respond "yes" when asked to install on your computer. DO NOT make it your default printer.
- Try to print something, selecting "WalkinHP" as your printer.
- Go to any Print Release Station in Firestone and login. Your item should be in the queue.
Note 1: you only need to install the "WalkinHP" printer once; it will be listed as a printer on your laptop from that point on.
Note 2: as more locations in the branch libraries are equipped with HP 5100 printers, use the same routine to print there.
Note 3: Drivers installed in WalkinHP queue will not work with Windows 7 correctly. Please use HPUNIVER queue instead. Be advised that Windows 7 has not been fully tested with the Library Pharos printing system, it is not fully supported at this time, and results can be unpredictable. HPUNIVER is provided as a temporary workaround only.
- Open a web browser and put this in the address field http://firedom.princeton.edu/pharos/Mac.html
- You will need to download and install the PopUp Client following the instructions on the page above.
- Select the MacWalkin queue and use this queue as your printer;
- Submit your print job.
- Go to the PHAROS Print Release Station, and type in your userid (netID) and Princeton NT password, which may differ from your e-mail password.
- At the Release station highlight your document and click print. If you have created an optional password, this is when you will enter it.