Office of Finance Administration
Office of Finance and Administration
Reimbursements and Payments
Reimbursements and Payments
Payments and reimbursements for goods and services must be processed on the appropriate check voucher. All forms should be completely filled out, signed by the person authorized to charge the project grant, and sent to the Finance and Administration Office in Firestone for processing. All purchases and transfers for materials that are added to the collection of the Library must be processed by the Technical Services Order Division.
Payments to employees for non-travel related expenses:
Requests for payment for goods and services to employees should be requested on an Employee Voucher.
Payments to non-employees and vendors:
Request for payments for goods and services to either non-employees or vendors are made by completing a Vendor / Honorarium Voucher with the exception of student and travel expenses which are defined below.
Payments to Students:
Student vouchers are used for payments to students for both educational and non-educations expenses. These expenses include but are not limited to travel, research support, and supplies for events. Please note that these forms are not used to pay wages to students. For services rendered, students must be approved to work and must be entered into the Time Collection system.
Transfers between project grants are executed with the Interdepartmental Invoice (I.I.) Form. To ensure that charges are posted correctly, please follow the instructions for completing the form here or contact the Office of Finance and Administration.
The Business Travel Expense Report is used for requesting payment for expenses related to University business travel. Please refer to the Library's complete travel policies and guidelines here for more information.
Vouchers cannot be processed unless all required information in included. The following information is required:
- Name and address of payee
- Social Security Number, if payee is an individual
- Description of and quantity of item(s) or service(s) being claimed
- Original receipts for all items claimed. Missing original receipts must be listed on this form.
- Appropriate account code and project grant numbers
- Signature of department manager and payee (if applicable)
In addition to those items noted about, travel vouchers must include the following items as well:
- Entered locations where travel started and stopped along with dates and purpose of travel
- Calculated mileage reimbursement by multiplying the current mileage rate by the total miles driven
- Converted all receipts in a foreign currency into U.S. dollars by using a currency converter. Rate applied should be applicable to the time of travel
- Prepare an Employee Voucher (or Vendor Voucher for non-employees) for any non-travel purchases made during your trips for books, supplies, etc.
- Include any travel advances give to you on the appropriate lines
- All receipts must show proof of payment. A statement that shows a balance due is not sufficient.