Stokes Library - Reserve E-classroom Guidelines
Open 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
To reserve the Wallace Hall Library Instructional Room, please read the guidelines below, and complete the reservation form.
The instructional classroom is located in Room 070 of the Donald E. Stokes Library, in the lower level of Wallace Hall. Its primary purpose is for classes conducted by Princeton University Library staff for students and the Princeton University community, emphasizing subject area research, specific-resource training, course-related instruction, and student orientations. The classroom is also used for computer workshops held by the Woodrow Wilson School, Office of Population Research, and Sociology Department. The classroom reverts to general Library Web Computers when not reserved for class sessions.
- 12 Dell Profile PCs running Windows 7 Enterprise
- Instructor's station
- Data projector to project image from instructor's workstation
- Projection screen
- 1 HP LaserJet 5100dtn network printer
- Whiteboard walls
- Standard Microsoft Office applications
- Voyager client software
- Instructor's station can be configured with additional specialized client software for demonstration purposes (currently available: Arc GIS, EndNote, Ghostgum, Ghostscript)
- Stata, R, SPSS
This is a partial list. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check for other software or to request additional applications to be added for your training purposes.
Responsibilities of Trainers:
- Turn on the computers and projection equipment (if required).
- Log into 12 PCs with Library Web Computer login (login information is posted on each PC).
- Close all applications and log off all workstations at the end of each class.
- Turn off projection equipment at the end of each class.
- Return all chairs to their proper location at the computer tables and pick up garbage.
- Erase the whiteboard walls
- Leave lights on, door unlocked and open.
For special needs or problems in scheduling, contact the Stokes Library (258-5658)