DSS Computing Resources
Data and Statistical Services
The DSS Lab has open hours on Mondays and Fridays from 2-5. No appointments necessary. In addition, Data Services Specialists are available by appointment at other times on Zoom to help you in downloading, formatting, reshaping, or analyzing data. They also provide assistance with social science methodology. If you need assistance in identifying and locating data, contact a subject specialist.
The DSS Lab is located in Firestone Library (A.12G)
- 13 PCs w/Windows 10 and 28" monitors
- 1 Scanner (click here for instructions on how to use. Must bring USB to extract scanned files)
- Stata/SE 9-17 (32/64 bit) (also available in all OIT clusters)
- Stata/MP 17 (64 bit)
- SPSS 28 (PASW)
- SAS 9.4
- R, RStudio
- Python 2.7/3.6 (Anaconda suite)
- Stat/Transfer (click here for instructions on how to use)
- 7-Zip (freeware)
From PDF to Excel/Word
- OmniPage 18 (OCR text recognition, only in the computer attached to the scanner. Must bring USB to extract files). Click here for instructions on how to use.