- To request a carrel or shelf, please e-mail email@example.com, or fill out a card at the Marquand reference desk.
- Carrels and visiting scholar shelves are issued by Marquand staff on a priority basis to those who are within an eligible class of patrons. Carrels are in high demand and rarely available to patrons not affiliated with the Department of Art and Archaeology, or the School of Architecture.
- Any patron may check out up to ten books to the Reading Room Shelves on the 1st Floor for two weeks.
- Carrels and shelves are for the use of the assigned holder only. They may not be shared with friends or colleagues unless so assigned by the Librarian. Unauthorized individuals sitting in carrels will be asked to leave, and repeat offenders will be denied entry to Marquand.
- As Marquand’s principal patrons, carrel and shelf holders have a special responsibility for respecting the Library’s no food and drink policy.