You are here

How do I access Princeton University Senior Theses?

PLEASE NOTE: The Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library is currently undergoing a renovation. In the coming months, as we prepare for the completion of this project, access to the collections will become extremely limited. Please visit the Access to Mudd Library During Renovation page for the most up-to-date information, including dates when we expect to have access to the collections again. 

Please contact Special Collections staff with questions or concerns via the Ask Us! Form.

The Princeton University Archives located within the Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library is the official repository for Princeton University undergraduate senior theses from 1924 to the present. 

Due to the renovation at Mudd Library some of our collections are inaccessible, including the physical copies of Senior Theses. We can only provide a copy of a thesis if it has been digitized or born digital (2013-present). 

  • Members of the University community with an active NetID can access digital theses in Dataspace when connected to any Princeton-networked computer (if you’re not on campus, please first connect to the campus network via the GlobalProtect or SonicWall desktop applications).

  • Independent researchers who are not members of the University community (including Princeton alumni) should use DataSpace to browse senior theses. 

  • Please create a Special Collections Research Account, if you don’t already have an active account, prior to submitting the Senior Thesis Order Form. In some cases we will be unable to digitize the senior thesis due to an embargo that prohibits digital access. Copyright of the theses are held by the author.

  • Senior Thesis Order Form

  • Please note: your order can only be fulfilled if you have completed the Senior Thesis Order Form and have a current Special Collections Research Account. Due to high volume, staff are unable to respond to requests without the necessary information.

For additional information, please visit the Theses & Dissertations page on our website.

Please direct any questions you may have to Special Collections staff via the  Ask Us! Form.