Princeton University History

Collections with Divisional Holdings

  • WPRB Records

    The records consist of various materials which document the origins and development
    of WPRB, including constitutions, by-laws, photographs, membership lists, clipped
    articles, board minutes, correspondence, and financial reports.The records are especially illustrative in their documentation of the station's
    beginnings. Nearly every piece of correspondence from station member H. Grant Theis
    is preserved, often with his own retrospective commentary attached. There are also

  • Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration records

    The collection documents the activities of three consecutive administrators who held
    the position of vice presidents for finance, either solely or in combination with the
    roles of treasurer and vice president for administration: Paul B. Firstenberg
    (1972-1976), Carl W. Schafer (1976-1987), and Richard R. Spies (1988-2001). Also
    included are the records of Laurel B. Harvey, who served as assistant vice president

  • Grover Cleveland Collection

    The Grover Cleveland Collection consists of collected research materials regarding Grover Cleveland, his life in Princeton, and his relation to the University. The papers document a variety of topics both broad in nature (his work as a Trustee) and highly specific (a Venezualan table he received as a gift). Also in the collection are letters sent to the University by early researchers inquiring about Cleveland, facsimiles of speeches, and files on other biographical topics such as Cleveland's birthplace, gravesite, and family members.

  • W. Beaumont Whitney Collection on A Princeton Companion

    Consists mainly of Whitney's correspondence with potential donors, contributors, and with author Alexander Leitch. Also included are edited manuscripts of select articles for the book, news clippings about the project, and some promotional materials.

  • Nassau Hall Bible Society Records

    These materials record the Society's work during both phases of its existence. Bound volumes contain minutes of the Society's annual meetings–including reports from its managers (during the early years)–and of its board (1864-1866). Several pamphlets recount the semi-annual meeting of the Society; others give the reports of the Nassau Hall Bible, Tract, and Education Societies. The remainder consists of ledgers, donation records, and receipts from the Society's earliest years. A few historical notes conclude the collection.

  • Society of the Claw Records

    Consists of records that describe the brief history of the Society of the Claw. Included are minutes, correspondence, annual reports, financial records, membership lists, rules and regulations, certificates and a variety of printed materials. The tiger claws owned by the Archives have been removed to the ephemera collection.

  • Department of Geological and Geophysical Sciences Records

    The records document the department from its 19th century origins to the recent past with departmental files, faculty files, faculty meeting minutes and visual materials. In Series 2, a variety of materials document significant figures in the department such as Arnold Guyot, Richard Field, and William B. Scott, as well as curriculum development and related matters. A consistent run of faculty meeting minutes in Series 4 provides a detailed picture of the department’s development over the course of the 20th century.

  • Princeton University Publications Collection

    The Princeton University Publications collection contains issues of nearly 150
    different periodicals published by the university and related organizations, as
    well as a few items published by others about the university, that have not been
    cataloged individually. Notable items in the collection include an 1802
    newspaper account of the Nassau Hall fire (The Balance), 19th century student

  • Class of 1969 Community Service Fund Records

    The records document the fund's internship programs and include applications for and evaluations of internships.

  • Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory Records

    The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory Records document the people, projects,
    events, activities and physical grounds of the laboratory through a span of 49
    years. The records include one binder of digitized historical negatives and four
    binders, one box of PPPL Communications Office Publications, and three boxes of
    materials from the office of Dr. Earl C. Tanner, a long-term employee of the

Pages

Pssst...

You are currently only seeing content in the Princeton University Archives. You can also explore Princeton University History material in all divisions.