Princeton University History

Collections with Divisional Holdings

  • Jonathan Belcher Collection

    The Jonathan Belcher Collection consists of collected research materials regarding
    Jonathan Belcher's relation to the history of Princeton University. The papers
    consist of correspondence, articles, clippings, and copies of original materials from
    Belcher collections held at Princeton and elsewhere. Topics covered include Belcher's
    contributions to the foundations of the college library, the preservation of the

  • Corporate and Foundation Relations Records,

    The collection includes annual reports (1980-1997), department statistics
    (1988-1993), and campaign status reports (1981-1985).

  • Historical Audiovisual Collection

    This collection has been divided into 21 broad topics, however, two comprise over
    half of the collection, having 500 items each: Music and
    Lectures/Addresses/Forums/Debates. The musical material is composed of record albums
    and magnetic tapes of performances by the Nassoons, the Princeton Tigertones,
    Tigertown Five, The Triangle Club Jazz Band, undergraduate and graduate composers,
    the Princeton University Orchestra, Glee Club, Chapel Choir, and the Smith-Princeton

  • University Chapel Stained Glass Windows Restoration records

    Consists of architectural surveys of the University Chapel with details of the window bays and the exterior facade, as well as photographs, slides, and microfilm documenting the work done on each window and sculpture and day logs recording daily progress. Also in the collection are several boxes of glass fragments from the original windows.

  • Arthur J. Horton Collection on Coeducation

    Since these are the records of one member of the committee–a member with a particular perspective–this collection will not give an unbiased view of the coeducation debate at Princeton. Since Horton wrote many letters and saved them all, the collection clearly presents his participation in the committee's work and his opposition to coeducation.

  • Princeton Symposium on World Affairs Audio Recordings collection

    The collection consists of reel-to-reel audio tapes of the architecture, painting, and prose panel discussions. Also included is a memoranda that provides a complete schedule for the weekend, including information about participants' arrival times and lodging arrangements.

  • Eating Clubs Records

    The Eating Club Records consists of records of individual eating clubs as well as material on Eating Clubs in general. Contained in the records are correspondence, reports, minutes, financial statements, constitutions, clippings, newsletters, club membership books, and club histories.

  • Robertson Foundation Records

    Consists of materials from files of the Secretary of the Robertson Foundation, including Robertson Foundation Board of Trustees meeting minutes (1961-2009), Robertson Foundation chronological files (1959-2002), and miscellaneous Robertson Foundation Investment Committee materials (1961-1992). There are two sets of Board of Trustees meeting minutes. The set of minutes in binders (1961-1982, 2000-2008) also contains supplementary information.

  • Physics Department Records

    Documents the scientific and teaching activities of Princeton University
    physicists from 1909 to 1962. While routine activities such as the hiring of
    faculty and the education of graduate and undergraduate students are recorded,
    these records also detail the Department’s activities in early studies of
    theoretical physics, as well as its participation in World War II research

  • Princeton University Bulletin Correspondence

    The collection contains a single letterpress copybook of business correspondence. The correspondence relates to routine matters such as subscriptions, advertising, and printing.

Pages

Pssst...

You are currently only seeing content in the Princeton University Archives. You can also explore Princeton University History material in all divisions.