Office of Finance and Administration

Step-by-Step Procedure for all travel

  • Annually provide your supervisor with your anticipated travel plans, consulting with him or her throughout the year to discuss any likely deviations.  You shouldn’t make any commitments until you have AUL\DUL approval.
  • Submit your travel request via the Travel Request Form a reasonable time prior to trip. Once submitted, the form will be routed via email to your immediate supervisor and then to your AUL/DUL. You will receive email updates on the status of your travel request as it is approved at each supervisory level. Your AUL/DUL will categorize the trip and you will be emailed the category of the trip which will indicate the level of financial support.
  • After approval by the AUL/DUL make your travel arrangements. Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is the University’s new travel agency.  Reservations you make online using Concur or over the phone are ticketed by CWT and will be supported 24/7/365.  They can be reached at (866) 640-3294 (Your AUL/DUL’s assistant and Financial Services Office staff can assist with this, if needed.)  If you do not want expenses charged to your personal credit card, you can be issued a university Travel and Expense (T&E) card or you can ask your AUL/DUL’s administrative assistant or Library Finance and Administration staff to prepay registration, airfare, etc., on your behalf. 
  • Take the trip, keeping all receipts and travel documentation required for reimbursement.  Photograph or scan these receipts and attach them to your expense report in Concur. If no receipt is available for an expense you are claiming please attach a signed explanation of the expenditure.
  • As you use your T&E card, use Concur to validate and submit for payment your expenditures. Tag each expenditure with the Trip ID from your email trip approval.
  • Upon your return complete and submit your expense report in Concur, attaching your original receipts per the Princeton University Travel PolicyAll documentation must show proof of payment. Receipts are not required for expenses less than $50 when using your T&E card however they are required by the library when using out of pocket funds.