Closed (All day) (Pick-up Only)
For summer, holidays or recess hours, please consult the full schedule
- Region 1: U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda.
- Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt.
- Region 3: Southeast Asia, East Asia, including Hong Kong.
- Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.
3. If I don't want to buy another DVD player how can I watch a DVD from another region? The best way is to come into the Video Services facility in Firestone Library, all the DVD and VHS players here are code free.
4. Converting VHS tape to DVD. I have VHS tapes with years of family special events recorded on them. Since I can no longer purchase a VHS player to watch the tapes how can I convert them to DVDs? If the tape is a non-commercial, not encrypted VHS tape we can show you how to convert the film to a file and save it onto a DVD. A two-hour tape will take two+ hours to convert and you must remain with the tape the entire time. Please check our hours as they vary during the summer and holiday breaks.
5. What is streaming video? Streaming video is content sent in compressed form over the Internet and displayed by the viewer in real time. With streaming video or streaming media, a Web user does not have to wait to download a file to play it. Instead, the media is sent in a continuous stream of data and is played as it arrives.
Important Note: It is your responsibility to be aware of copyright rules and regulations: unauthorized electronic duplication of all copyrighted materials is prohibited. http://www.princeton.edu/copyright