Translated Print Title:
[Square Basin 10 Feet in Diameter…with 3 Small Satyrs in the Center]
This trio of children (like the one shown on the opposite wall) was created for the Allée d’eau, or Water Avenue, which slopes down from the North Parterre to the Dragon Fountain. The lead sculptures were replaced in 1684 by similar ones cast in bronze, but without the baskets of fruit and flowers on top. These later versions are still at Versailles, whereas the original groups were transferred to Marly and later disappeared.