Maps and Geospatial Information Center
Scanning and Printing Policy
- The Map and Geospatial Information Center will only scan cartographic materials that are in our collections and are not copyrighted or are in the public domain. A maximum of 10 maps can be requested at one time. The order will be finished within two business days. Scanning will be done by one of our staff members. There is no self service.
- All maps will be scanned at 400 dpi and will be in TIFF format only. Our Center will not perform any further manipulation of the original TIFF files.
- Our Center will not scan fragile maps, maps thicker than 0.5 inch, or maps larger than 42 inches on one side.
- If you are not a current student, faculty or staff member, there is a flat fee of $5.00 per item no matter the size of the map.
- Our Center large-format printers are only for printing and copying maps.
- There is a nominal fee for printing and copying a map:
- Flat rate of $2.00 for size 8.5x11, 11x17, or 17x22 inches
- Flat rate of $4.00 for size 24x24 inches
- Flat rate of $5.00 for size 22x34, or 34x44 inches
- The fees will be accepted in any of the following methods: student or faculty account, cash, or check payable to Princeton University Library—but not credit card.