Visiting Toni Morrison: Sites of Memory
SELF-GUIDED GROUP VISITS
“Toni Morrison: Sites of Memory” at the Milberg Gallery in Firestone Library is part of a larger set of Morrison-related activities taking place at the University this year, and is but one of a number of possible cultural experiences on offer when you visit Princeton. While on campus, we encourage you to visit “Cycle of Creativity: Alison Saar and the Toni Morrison Papers” at Art@Bainbridge, one of the Art Museum’s downtown galleries.
We anticipate large visitor numbers for “Toni Morrison: Sites of Memory.” Due to limited facilities and the size of the Milberg Gallery, please book a visit if you are a group of more than 10. The maximum group size that can be accommodated is 30 at one time.
Information about your visit:
- Please allow 30-45 minutes to fully experience the exhibit.
- Group visits to Milberg Gallery are only available Monday-Friday.
- Maximum group size: 30 people
- Group visits to the Milberg Gallery are self-guided. if you're interested in a guided tour, please reach out to us to inquire about availability.
Book your visit:
- Please book group visits at least two weeks in advance.
- Visits for groups of 10-30 can be booked with Louise Barrett, Visitor Logistics Coordinator, Princeton University Art Museum using this form: Create a Group Reservation
- Select Milberg Gallery under Program Location in addition to any museum sites when booking to indicate your interest in including the library in your visit.
- “Toni Morrison: Sites of Memory” is a scholarly investigation of the literary archive of Toni Morrison and is likely to resonate with students at a high-school curriculum level and older. It is not intended for younger audiences.
- Teachers and caregivers may wish to preview the exhibition first.
- Information about family programming can be found on the Cotsen Children’s Library website.
- In compliance with the University’s minors on campus policy, groups including minors must have a chaperone ratio of one adult per 10 individuals under the age of 18.
We will do our best to accommodate the day/time of your request. Louise will reach out directly to confirm your visit and share logistical information such as bus parking as needed. You can also contact Louise via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 609-258-3043.
Note: We are unable to accommodate group visits to the Milberg Gallery on weekends. If you are using the museum form to book your visit, please be sure to not choose a weekend day. Weekend visitors to the gallery will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. The gallery has a maximum occupancy of 50.
Questions about visiting Princeton University Library?
If you have any general questions about the Library, please use the Ask Us! form.
GUIDED PUBLIC TOURS
PUL offers public tours on a first-come, first-serve basis with a maximum of 20 individuals (non-groups) permitted in the gallery for a given tour. Guided tours of the exhibition will take place on the following Tuesdays (Mar. 14, Mar. 28, Apr. 11, Apr. 25, May 9, May 23) from 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.; Saturdays (Mar. 4, Apr. 1, May 6, Jun. 3) from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.; and, Sundays (Mar. 5, Apr. 2, May 7, Jun. 4) from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.